Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What does the light switch control?

I'm moving into my GF's condo and she has a light switch which does not appear to control anything. I have tested all the outlets with a 3 prong outlet tester and all appear in good working order and do not change when turning on/off the switch. I have tested that the switch and it is hot and receiving current. My next step is to remove the switch and test continuity capacity (i.e. if it is actually turning on and off) once I have found the circuit breaker.......what does this switch control? FYI the building is 6 years old in downtown Chicago and she is the 3 owner. Maybe a overhead %26quot;outlet%26quot; that has been dry walled over?
What does the light switch control?
I would be in line with tipster 鈥?.

Outlets have a break-away tab that will allow one portion of a duplex to remain hot, and the other to be controlled by a switch. When you test the outlets 鈥heck both, upper and lower.
What does the light switch control?
CHECK 1 HALF OF A RECEPTICAL NEARBY THE SWITCH IT'S USED TO TURN ON A TABLE LAMP!
could be light switch for celing fan and not hook up
That switch could be for fresh air ventilation, or even a furnace disconnect switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment