Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Outlet and light on same line. what can I change or attached that will allow me to turn off just the light.?

outlet and light is on the same line. It is an attic bedroom and outlets are limited. Would like to change light fixture to one that would provide me a turn off switch, that can be use to turn off just the light. Is this possible?
Outlet and light on same line. what can I change or attached that will allow me to turn off just the light.?
If your ceiling fixture has an incandescent bulb screwed into a socket, then adding a screw-in socket with a pull chain as suggested will be easy. It also is not difficult to directly wire the outlets at the wall switch. You bypass the switch with the outlet circuit. This will require someone with some electrical knowledge. As always, turn off power before making any electrical repairs. Good luck.
Outlet and light on same line. what can I change or attached that will allow me to turn off just the light.?
The simple and inexpensive solution would be to have your electrician install a pull chain light socket in place of the existing light.
typically the top receptacle of the outlet is switched.check to see if the bottom receptacle still has power when you turn the switch off.

No comments:

Post a Comment