Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a bedroom that I lost all electrical-Lights and plugs and in the next room to it has no lights.?

The lights in the bedrom just went out, I changed the light switch and the plug outlets are all new and been working good for at least a year. I checked the other bedroom next to it and everything is working just fine what should I do next. and on a Ome meter what should I have that set on for 110. Thanks
I have a bedroom that I lost all electrical-Lights and plugs and in the next room to it has no lights.?
Have you checked to see if it was possibly just a breaker that tripped?
I have a bedroom that I lost all electrical-Lights and plugs and in the next room to it has no lights.?
yes I checked the breaker and all the plugs and I put another light switch in to see if that works and with no luck. Thanks

Report Abuse


check the fuse box the breaker probably tripped reset it
You need an a/c volt meter to measure voltage. You should have mentiond if you checked the breaker. Set the meter for 110 a/c volts range
Ok, first I just have to say this. Are you absolutely sure that a breaker hasn鈥檛 been tripped? Go back to your breaker box and make sure that you don鈥檛 have a tripped breaker. If that is ok then you need to look inside. When did the problem start? You said that you changed the light switch but when did you do it? If you did it just before your electrical problem then you need to look a how you have the switch wired. If you have had no known problems for a while then you need to look for a GFI. A GFI or Ground Fault Interrupter will sometimes trip. They have a little reset button on them and are typically used around water, like in the bathroom. GFI鈥檚 are outlet receptacles that have a little button between the two receptacles. Make sure to reset any and all FGI鈥檚 that you have around the area where you are having the problem. It is very possible that a GFI has tripped, I know because this happened to me once and my problem and symptoms were exactly like yours. Good luck and I hope it鈥檚 just a little simple GFI reset problem/solution. I didn鈥檛 mean to insult your intelligence in any way if I said things that you already know. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was overlooked.
Check the circuit breakers. Set the meter for any setting over 120 volts AC. Or over 240 volts if you want to check from one breaker to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment