Friday, September 23, 2011

Why do my new fluorescent light bulbs flick when I turn the switch off?

I recently bought fluorescent light bulbs to change the old ones. At night, when I turn the switches off I can see some of the new bulbs flickering. Why is this happening? What can I do to fix it?



Additional info:

The switch does not make any sound or buzz.

It didn't happen with my old incandescent light bulbs.

They keep doing this indefinitely (I see them flicking at dawn)

My flat is old and so I guess the electrical wiring is old as well
Why do my new fluorescent light bulbs flick when I turn the switch off?
Start by replacing the switches, simple job, two wires, your done. It sounds like the switch is going bad and is not completely turning off. If you don't understand all the safety concerns about working with electricity, find someone that does and get them to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment