Monday, September 19, 2011

My light switch changed from down is off & up is on. I asked this question before w/great answers but none?

applied. I have a light switch in my cabana bath which turns on the light by the pool. When I was sitting outside by the pool, with my husband, the light suddenly turned on and no else was home. When I went to check, the switch was in the off(down) position. I flipped the switch to the on(up)position %26amp; it turned off. I have lived in my house for almost 30 years and it has always been down is off %26amp; up is on. No other switches control this switch. Seriously, is this possibly a short? Can the switch suddenly reverse like that? What does this mean?
My light switch changed from down is off %26amp; up is on. I asked this question before w/great answers but none?
I have never seen this happen and I dont think it can. If its not a two way switch then was some one working on it that it could have been installed upside down.
My light switch changed from down is off %26amp; up is on. I asked this question before w/great answers but none?
the safest thing to do is change the switch.

it sure is strange.
doubt ful i think its on some other switch or cuircut . you need a professional to troubleshoot it. good luck
my guess is its a 2 way switch ( there is a controlling switch somewhere else in the house)



why not just change the switch



make sure you turn off the electricity first
It sounds like a defective light switch. Replace it and you should be all set.
It sounds like your swith has gone bad. Have a electrician check it out and replace it.
is the light as bright as it was before? an open neutral elsewhere on the same circuit may cause this problem. check the voltage at the outlets and light on this circuit, flip the switch and test again. was there a change? if so call someone to troubleshoot the circuit and do not use the outlets. good luck
First, take the switch out of the wall and look at it. Other than a green ground wire, if there are two wires connected to the switch itself, it is a single pole switch. If there are three wires connected to the switch (perhaps a white, black, and red wire), then it is a two-way switch and there is another switch somewhere in the circuit for convenience. Most likely somewhere out by the pool or across the way from your cabana. Or possibly in the main house close to the door leading to the cabana.
  • recipes for chicken alfredo
  • parent conference night
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment