Friday, June 3, 2011

Question about electrical light switch installation?

I have a bathroom between two rooms with a light switch outside each door.I changed the light switch on either side.Before I changed them,you could switch on the light from both rooms.Now you cannot.One has to be turned off to turn on from the other room.Did I put the wires in the wrong screws or do I need another type of switch? I hope I have not confused you.|||You have miss wired your 3 way switches.At one end or the other you have a traveler leg on the common screw and power coming into or going out of the circuit is on one of the traveler screws.A simple mistake I%26#039;ve done it myself.|||Sounds like you replaced 3 way switches with 2 way switches. Yes you will have to replace them with the right ones. If you did use 3 way switches then you have miswired them.

No comments:

Post a Comment