Friday, June 3, 2011

If I changed a light switch for one room and it works fine, does it mean I wired the wires correctly?

Some electricians out there, I need your help! I replaced a light switch and it seems to work fine, just wanted to know what happens if I wired it wrong, or made some mistake... It would just not turn on, or it might turn on even though the wiring is bad....|||Unless it%26#039;s a three way switch, (it would have 3 wires going to each of three screws), it%26#039;s pretty impossible to wire it wrong. A simple on/off switch does nothing more than providing a means of touching two hot wire ends together or moving them apart. Makes no real difference which post, or screw, you put which wire on, it should work just fine.|||corky is right, as long as you have it grounded, the wires are reversible on the switch. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment